Patrol quarters at 12 Dean Street, Brooklyn,
opened in 1909 as part of the Brooklyn
Insurance Salvage Corps and was designated
Salvage Corps #1. Then in 1910 the Brooklyn
Salvage Corps came under the supervision
of the New York Board of Fire Underwriters.
In 1911 Salvage Corps #1 became Fire
Patrol #8 when all New York City and
Brooklyn units were re-numbered. Then
in 1958 with the discontinuance of units
this unit became Fire Patrol #3.